Business requirements are criteria that are necessary to meet organizational objectives. Typically they outline how the product or solution will address the needs of the company and/or its users.
These considerations are commonly included when mapping out business requirements for a mobile app requirements document:
- What is the purpose of the app or product? What are you trying to accomplish?
- What is the current problem(s) it will solve?
- How will it streamline or improve the current process or facilitate a new process?
- What is the product vision?
- What aspects are already in place? What needs to be added? Will the app need to be started from scratch or can you leverage existing assets?
- What should the app be able to do (ie. functionality)?
- What features will it need?
- What is the monetization or business model?
- Are there branding and design guidelines that need to be followed?
- Is the ask feasible?